Sponsor A Child

Saturday, September 29, 2012

New Tenant In Domain

This is a post recording my gratitude that my old Japanese tenant moved out this morning, and a new tenant from moved in at night right away.
J and I went to the apartment to hand over the keys and collect the deposits and was flabbergasted to see the condition of the apartment.  It is so dirty!  The students don't clean up.  When my Thai tenant was there, it was so much better, because he acted as the housekeeper.

The apartment was messy like this

Even J, as a guy, couldn't stand the mess and dirt, he cleaned the toilet and mopped the floor. I threw out the trash, picked up the books and drawing tools from the floor, swept the floor and cleaned the kitchen sink.
It was amazing, that in the state that it was in yesterday when the prospective tenant came to view; he agreed to take the room.  Maybe, it was just the right timing and he had no other choice.
Whatever it is, after he settled in a bit, I am going to grant them a one-time maid service to thoroughly clean the apartment.  I think it is the least I can do to make the environment a little more bearable.

Photo used with permission from http://www.wiehanne.com/2009/03/05/talk-about-lazy-housemates/

1 comment: